Re: Gaps between plywood sheathing

As a nominal tolerance, 1/16" plus/minus from 3/8" nominal panel edge nailing
distance is reasonable recommendation. In APA shear wall and diaphragm tests,
and in some tests by others (such as UC-Irvine), proper edge nailing distance is
assured by chalklines placed around panel edges during fabrication. Contact APA
Help Desk (www.help(--nospam--at)apawood.org) for official position on tolerance for panel
edge nailing distance, as well as for panel edge spacing and limits on
"overnailing" guidelines.
John Rose/APA (retired)