From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Signs of Spring

He was kinda small--but FAT!  I'm about 95% sure he's a Cottonmouth. Sure brings back fond memories!

As for the backyard, that's kinda misleading, since they put a (very)sandy clay fill back there to slope it for drainage. The creek behind my fence (where this li'l fellow was headed when I snapped his pitcher) is one o' those USACE drainage projects, and I'm sure none of our runoff is allowed directly back there, so they had to build up the yard pretty substantially toward the back.

I'm surprised I'm getting the grass to grow as well as it is. I put down starter fertilizer and Bermudagrass seed (I'm so sick of St. Augustine I could choke!), and it seems to be doing o.k. (considering I don't know what the h*** I'm doing!)

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251