RE: AISC Latest Move[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: AISC Latest Move
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:49:59 -0500
>the "k" dimensions so we, plus every detailer in the country, have to buy
We became aware that mills had changed their rolling practices and that engineers, fabricators, detailers and others were being affected by the fit-up (or lack thereof) for details with sensitivity to the sizes of the fillets. We initially attempted to reverse this change in mill practices. When that avenue was not possible, we did the advisory so you wouldn;t get caught with your pants down on a misfit.
Besides, even if I wanted to sell you a book with the new T, k and k1 dimensions right now I couldn't. Now if we had held the advisory until a new publication were available, I could see why you'd suspect what you said, but really. Come on!
- Prev by Subject: RE: AISC Latest Move
- Next by Subject: RE: AISC Latest Move
- Previous by thread: RE: AISC Latest Move
- Next by thread: RE: AISC Latest Move