From: James Lin [mailto:se3949(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 12:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: DSA & EOR's stamp

We are designing a school project in Los Angeles area
which includes a new pavilion (pre-fab steel space
frame over the concrete. columns).

The space frame manufacturer designed (using their
in-house computer program), stamped, and signed the
space frame drawings/calculations.

We (the engineer of record) designed, stamped, and
signed OTHER structural drawings.

Now the DSA required us (the Engineer of Record) to
put our stamp and signature over the space frame
design!!

How you handle this situation?

Thanks,

P.S. Just like "Will you put your stamp & signature
over the VULCRAFT steel joists/girders design
drawings/calculation?"

James Lin, SE
IDS, Inc.