AISC

With this latest round of AISC bashing which started with a discussion
of "royalties for the database"; the question needs to be asked:

Did the software developers use the electronic AISC database to create
the data files that their programs use?

If the developer did so then isn't the AISC due some renumeration for
multiple use of their database? Wouldn't the sofware program be a
derivative work?

On the other hand, if the developer input the numbers listed in the
manual, then I don't think the AISC can claim royalties.