Re: AISC

I whole heartedly agree with Paul on this issue.  AISC's Journal, for
example, is much more practical than ASCE's or ACI's Structural Journals
which are generally research papers for masters and PHD's programs.  The
research is important, no questions, as it leads to a greater
understanding of the materials.  However, direct implimentation of the
individual recommendations in the papers are not practical.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.