Re: AISC

One slight correction to your list...ACI and ASCE are not trade
organizations.  ASCE is a professional organization that could be compared
with a trade organization because the primary role is to promote civil
engineering (at least that is my take on it).  They also happen to produce
technical documents (actually a fairly major item).  ACI is strictly a
technical institute.  PCA is the primary trade organization for concrete
along with CRSI.

There are some subtle differences.

Scott