RE: AISC Latest Move

Bill:

Definition of "profit" (at least according to dictionary.com):

"The return received on a business undertaking after all operating
expenses have been met."

To my knowledge AISC, ACI, ASCE, and many of the other organizations that
you listed are non-profit organizations.  This means that their revenues
from all sources (member dues, publications, seminars, certification
programs, etc) essentially balance their expenense (staff salaries, rent,
utilities, printing costs, etc).  I say essentially because I believe that
non-profit organizations CAN set asside reserve funds for potential "down"
years, but this is restricted by law.  The reserve fund is still NOT a
profit.

Thus, you might wise to exercise a little caution in your wording.  The
implication from your message is that AISC is actually making a profit,
when they are not (at least to my knowledge).

Scott