Re: DSA & EOR's stamp

James,

This topic was beat to death on the server in October/November 1998.  You
can review the list archives for that period at http://www.seaint.org
(select, "List Archives," from left side of screen, select "Oct-Dec," 1998
and sort by topic for, "Plan check submittals and shop drawings" (look also
at, "Re: Plan check submittals and shop drawings," if you want to see the
entire exchange.

I think we came to the conclusion that our profession is divided into those
who do ("overstampers") and those who don't (persons of high moral character
who choose not to work on major school and/or hospital projects in
California).  Postings included an internal DSA memo on the subject that I
got from a friend "on the inside" (11/12/98).  I personally came down on the
side of the overstampers, but I won't repeat the arguments here (they went
on long enough then).

Anyway, the BORPELS Rules section to which Shashi Bhakta referred you is new
since the 1998 discussion and from my perspective appears to at least
resolve the question of whether it is ever appropriate for two California
P.E. to stamp the some drawing -- it is.  The rule reads as follows:  When
signing and sealing documents containing work done by or under the
responsible charge of two or more licensees, the signature and seal of each
licensee in responsible charge shall be placed on the documents with a
notation describing the work done under each licensee's responsible charge.

Drew A. Norman, S.E.
Drew A. Norman and Associates
Pasadena, California