RE: Plate Thickness Tolerances

Charlie,

After cleaning my glasses, and *carefully* (this time) re-reading the title
of Table 2 to ASTM A6, the 3.0 and 1.0 tolerances are *percent* of weight.
Comparing Table 2 and Table 1 using this shows that tolerances are comparable.

I fear that the British foot and mouth disease has spread to me as "foot in
mouth."

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Charlie Carter wrote:

        >Charlie Carter:  Can you provide a rational explanation for the
disparity in
        >tolerances for plates ordered by the two methods?

        Not off the top of my head, but I'll look into it and get back to
you.

        Charlie