From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:58:16 -0400
After cleaning my glasses, and *carefully* (this time) re-reading the title
of Table 2 to ASTM A6, the 3.0 and 1.0 tolerances are *percent* of weight.
Comparing Table 2 and Table 1 using this shows that tolerances are comparable.
I fear that the British foot and mouth disease has spread to me as "foot in
A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Charlie Carter wrote:
>Charlie Carter: Can you provide a rational explanation for the
>tolerances for plates ordered by the two methods?
Not off the top of my head, but I'll look into it and get back to
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org