RE: Outlook question...non-engineering

Scott,
It is not possible to turn it off. The only thing he can do is use the Rules
Wizard to filter out messages (junk mail) or he can purchase one of the Junk
Mail programs that intercept your e-mails and then compare them to a growing
Spam List.
One of the latest ones that looks pretty good, but requires some playing
with is a program called Mailbox Filter (www.mailboxfilter.com). He can try
it out for 15 days and if he likes it I think it sells for about $50.00
(with 30 day money back guarantee) or so.
I think it is a bit much to work with, but most of these programs are.

One other thought - he can turn off the autoviewer and then go down the list
of e-mails received and delete the Spam based on title and e-mail address.
HTML in some cases also appears as a light gray message subject which you
can erase without viewing.

I got frustrated with it as well - especially since Outlook hangs up until
the HTML message is loaded and you don't have a choice to cancel.

Hope this helps.
Dennis