From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 9:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Outlook question...non-engineering

A non-engineering question for you...

Does anyone know how to turn off the viewing of HTML email messages in
Outlook 2000?  My father gets junk mail messages that are in HTML and
contain graphics that are displayed from links to a web page.  This means
that when the message is read, the computer will attempt to dial-up the
ISP to download the images.  This is rather annoying and makes it more
difficult to work with out the internet connection.

As I wrote this message I have thought of one solution...switch M$ Outlook
into "work offline" mode.  But it still might be nice to turn off HTML
messages.

Thanks,

Scott