Simpson's ER-3631 lists values for expansion bolts in CMU but not for wind or seismic forces.
I don't think that there are any ICBO ES listed expansion anchors with values
for masonry. There are a few adhesive anchors listed, ours included.
I know that the City of Los Angeles does not allow friction type expansion
anchors for tilt ups or masonry for out-of-plane forces for new construction
as well as retrofits. They allow our DUC undercut anchors for concrete
currently and probably would allow it for masonry if it was listed in our LA
City Research Report.
Howard Silverman, PE
Covert Operations, Inc.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org