Re: expansion anchors [in tension] to anchor cmu walls to metal dec k roof - 75000 SF 2 story school

Simpson's ER-3631 lists values for expansion bolts in CMU but not for wind or seismic forces.

Jason Emoto

I don't think that there are any ICBO ES listed expansion anchors with values
for masonry. There are a few adhesive anchors listed, ours included.

I know that the City of Los Angeles does not allow friction type expansion
anchors for tilt ups or masonry for out-of-plane forces for new construction
as well as retrofits. They allow our DUC undercut anchors for concrete
currently and probably would allow it for masonry if it was listed in our LA
City Research Report.

Howard Silverman, PE
Covert Operations, Inc.
www.covertoperations.com