Check out the Navy Manual, "Blast Resistant
Structures" at the following website.
--- Stanley_P_Johnson(--nospam--at)dot.ca.gov wrote:
> I have an underground project where the contractor
> may end up blasting rock
> in very close proximity to young concrete in contact
> with same formation.
> USACE EM 1110-2-2901 says that a detailed discussion
> on the effects of
> blasting on concrete can be found in SME's
> "Underground Mining Methods
> Handbook". The publication date is 1982 I think.
> This book is no longer
> in print and I do not have a copy. Does anybody
> know of another thorough
> reference on this subject?
> Stan Johnson, P.E.
> PS Needless to say, this is a potentially explosive
> issue and has already
> led to some highly charged discussions. ; -)
> ******* ***
> * Read list FAQ at:
> * This email was sent to you via Structural
> * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC)
> server. To
> * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any
> email you
> * send to the list is public domain and may be
> * without your permission. Make sure you visit our
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org