From: Tom Higgins [mailto:thiggins(--nospam--at)grpmack.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 5:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: AISC Latest Move - Different View Point

I assert that I have the right to use the information contained in the AISC tables.  Why?  The "fair use" doctrine of copyright law.  After all, people purchase books and other published matter in order to use them, in some fashion.  I have purchased, or my employers have purchesed for me, several AISC manuals.  I can see six of them from where I'm sitting.  There are probably 40 AISC manuals in this office as a whole.  They were expensive.