Shot firing to steel and/or concrete

I hope someone is able to help. A common situation here in the UK,
particularly on multi storied buildings, is to use a profiled steel floor
deck which is then backed with concrete. The problem is hanging building
services from the deck. There are proprietary hangers which can be used but
is there a product that can be used through the steel decking and into the
concrete or is it necessary to drill the steel so that a cartridge gun
(Hilti etc.) can be used to fire a fastener through the hole and into the
concrete?
Any advice would be very helpful.

Regards
Michael Knight
Technical Support Manage
(e mail: mknight(--nospam--at)lindapter.com)