Re: AASHTO HS25 Lane Load

Thanks Jonathan.  Also, to correct my mistake, the 26 kip load is for
shear - 18 kips is used for moment.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Mallard" <jmallard(--nospam--at)rwhitehead.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: AASHTO HS25 Lane Load

David,

Per AASHTO 3.7.2, both the truck and the lane loads shall
be obtained by proportinaltely changing the weights shown
for both the standard truck and the corresponding lane load.

800 plf is correct, but you need to add 25% to 26k as well.

HTH

Jonathan Mallard

>>> "David Finley" <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net> 04/24 4:21 PM >>>
For the bridge guys,

I know the HS25 wheel loads are 25% greater than the HS20 wheel loads, but
how do the lane loads compare?  Is it a 25% total increase or is it just 25%
greater uniform load and still the 26 kip load for moment  (i.e., 800 plf
uniform load & 26 kip concentrated load)?

David Finley, P.E.