Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 2:06 PM
Subject: Clark Steel / Devco AISIWIN Software Question

I posted a link to what I believed was a freeware cold-form steel program AISIWIN by Devco Software. The software is available from the Clark Steel Site. When I visited the Devco site, the software was available for $195.00. Does anyone have any information about the relationship between Clark Steel and Devco as the database provided is the "Metal Stud Mfg's Assoc. (MSMA), Unimast and Dale/Incor as well as the geometry information from the national SSMA nomenclature."  The user can create personal databases or modify sections in the AISIWIN library.
I've written to Clark Steel to notifiy them of the link to my discussion forum but have not received a response yet.

Any additional information to offer????

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply visit our discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action="">

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire link begining at http: and ending with Register. There should be no spaces between any of the letters or characters.

Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: