Yep, that "shear strength" number would be a "slippery" devil, wouldn't it?
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: Lutz, James [mailto:JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: Ice Hotel structure
Watch out for that phase change when you do your temperature stress
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org