Re: Anchor Bolt Design Aid Tables-Spreadsheets

Pedro:

If you are using UBC97, then review Section 1923.  You can probably write a
quick spreadsheet for the various combinations.  If you have a copy the PCI
Design Handbook, there is a good section on Welded Headed Studs as well as
some methods for determining surface areas for stud groups - i.e. where the
free edge of the concrete is, etc.

Tables 6.20.8 through 6.20.12 can also provide values; problem is that they
are all for 5,000 psi and have to be modified (easily) for other design
strengths.

All in all, maybe a full day to do all the combinations on an any-condition
spreadsheet, but this should be a one time investment for a long time
payoff.

I assume that you are just using concrete with sloping planes to develop
the shear.

Good luck.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates