RE: Shot firing to steel and/or concrete

I doubt it.  Concrete's properties are not compatible with "shot firing".
"Shots" work with steel because steel is malleable, energy absorbent (sp?)
and weldable.  Concrete is brittle and non-"weldable".  Hence, if you were
to shoot something at concrete it would either, a) bounce off or b) shatter
the concrete.  In both cases you do not get a useable bond.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

-MKnight [mailto:MKnight(--nospam--at)Lindapter.com] wrote:

<snip>
is there a product that can be used through the steel decking and into the
concrete or is it necessary to drill the steel so that a cartridge gun
(Hilti etc.) can be used to fire a fastener through the hole and into the
concrete?
Any advice would be very helpful.