i have a project with a 15' high stone panel veneer at the ground floor of a
single story building located in city of LA. each panel is 1-1/4" thick x
30" x 66", and will be anchored back to the structure around the perimeter
with veneer ties. should i install relieving angles to support the weight of
the panels at mid height of the wall? code section 1403.6 indicates 30' high
maximum for veneer before relieving angles are required, and then at 12' o/c,
but this does not indicate veneer thickness.
thanks in advance
paul franceschi s.e.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org