It should be further pointed out that the procedure used is what will be
included as Appendix C (I believe) in the next edition of the ACI 318 code.
It was not complete in time for the rush-to-press of ACI 318-99 (which in
turn was forced by the advent of IBC 2000), but this is the new "official"
method of design recognized by ACI incorporating the state of the art.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: Anchor Bolt Design Aid Tables-Spreadsheets
The latest publication for anchor bolt design is
"Strength Design of Anchorage to Concrete" by Ronald
Cook, published by Portland Cement Association. I
believe it costs $25. The current philosophy in anchor
bolt design is likely to be vastly different from what
you have been using.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org