Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Steel Designations

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
It may be the steel grade. (a wild guess)
I suggest looking at the "General Notes" if provided. It may have definition for CU and CB. I'm familiar with SHS (square hollow section), RHS (rectangular hollow section) and CHS(circular hollow section).
One additional comment, 20mm thick section seem a bit thick to me.
The thickest that I have ever call out is 12mm hollow sections.

>>> DWILLIAMSSEI(--nospam--at) 04/25/01 09:21AM >>>
I was going to suggest the same.  The designations look suspiciously like
metric hollow sections, however in the U.S., the numbers would be preceded by
"HSS".  I don't have a clue what the "CU" and "CB" are referring to.

David Williams, PE
Snyder Engineering
Columbia, MO