From: Gerard Madden [mailto:GMadden(--nospam--at)mplusl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 10:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: IBC 2000-Sup 2001

Back the issue of all the codes we need to buy ... but what was the
cost of that publication and is it worth the dough? Is it a commentary
type supplement, or is it like the NDS supplement where it is required
to perform calculations because it contains vital data.

Or, is it one huge erratta and they sent it out Free (Am I really
typing this ?) to all those who purchased an original or 1st printing?
I can't see much being revised in any chapter other than 16
structurally, since most sections just refer to the codes of AISC,
ACI, NDS, AISI, and others etc...

-Gerard

>>> ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com 04/25/01 09:21AM >>>
I just received, from the ICBO, the 2001 Supplement to the
International
Codes. It is a book as thick as the IBC 2000 itself. I get the feeling
this
code is not really ready for implemantation.  It seem that codes are
now
written hurriedly to meet a deadline with the idea they can always be
revised
in supplements or future updates.
S.Macie, P.E.