I have a 4" dia pipe supported at 8" o.c. Maximum pressure in the pipe
could be as high as 200 psi; and the pipe has several 90-degree bends.
Does the water hammer phenomenon have any effects other other than simply
increasing the pressure in the pipe and hence the force at the supports;
are there any vibrations associated with water hammer that would increase
forces in the support? I appreciate any reference to this kind of problem.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org