From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 4:06 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: VCR Alert:"Collapse: Failure by Design" on Discovery Channel

That is part of the daunting, long-term mission of the Advocacy Committee of NCSEA.  As you might recall, I recently wrote an editorial asking for an army of volunteer structural engineering speakers and writers.  It has now been nearly two full months since that editorial was published, and the results have been abysmal (only two engineers responded).  Either the editorial was poorly written, or structural engineers fit the apathetic stereotype that society has given them.  If the latter, what a sad commentary!