Re: Pipe support design

Why do you expect water hammer? Is there a valve at
the downstream end of the pipe that can be quickly
closed? If either of the two situations is
nonexistent, then there will be no water hammer. Bends
in the pipe do produce some unbalanced forces, but are
generally not very significant. For such static
give you all the information you need for checking the
adequacy of the piping system.

If water hammer is a possibility, then its seriousness
will depend on the nature of the pressure waves that
oscillate back and forth along the pipe. You will need
to perform a transient analysis before you can decide
on support conditions etc.

Rajendran