From: Suresh Acharya [mailto:engineer(--nospam--at)amexol.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 2:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Pipe support design

I have a 4" dia pipe supported at 8" o.c. Maximum pressure in the pipe
could be as high as 200 psi; and the pipe has several 90-degree bends.
Does the water hammer phenomenon have any effects other other than simply
increasing the pressure in the pipe and hence the force at the supports;
are there any vibrations associated with water hammer that would increase
forces in the support? I appreciate any reference to this kind of problem.
Thanks.
Suresh Acharya,P.E.