RE: Pipe support design

If my memory serves me, the water hammer would be due to opening a valve too
quickly. As in the case of bringing a steam line up to full temperature and
pressure. A classic example would be the Con-Edison explosion in NY.

I used to do lots of pipe stress analysis a few years back and used the
CAESAR II program. I can't think of a better program.

Mitchell J. Sklar, PE
812 LongMeadow DR
Chalfont, PA 18914

mitchsklar(--nospam--at)alumni.psu.edu