Re: Pay, was: "Collapse....

Now THAT has me rolling on the floor!  I didn't pick up on your humor, Bill,
the first time I read it.  LOL.  Thanks, my abdominal muscles needed the
exercise.

The fact that I missed it the first time, reminds me of when I took an
adult-ed speed-reading course while still in college; thought I would be
able to get through the material faster, I guess.  What I didn't understand
at the time is that with some of this technical engineering material one has
to read EVERY word.  So I don't know how much benefit I derived from the
ability to speed-read.

But at the time, when I was practicing speed-reading, I read a current
events newspaper article that said Mamma Cass-Elliott had choked to death,
while trying to swallow a piece of meat the size of a wallet.  At the time,
I thought, "Man, one should expect to experience distress when trying to
swallow something that large without chewing it up!"  But when I read back
through the article, I found that it really said, "a piece of meat the size
of a WALNUT."  LOL.

Even now, I'm wondering what a walnut's size really is.  The "nut meat" is
probably less than 3/4" diameter.  In the hardwood  shell, it's about 1"+
diameter.  But with the green or black outer husk (we called it), it could
be 2" to 2 1/2" diameter, a good throwing size.  Now we're getting up to
where I say, "Man, one should expect to experience distress when trying to
swallow something that large without chewing it up!"

Thanks again, for the laugh.
__________________
John P. Riley
Riley Engineering

 I take it all back only engineers who can spell should get six figures.

George

 Unless you are a sparrow.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251
Fax 281-492-8203

Just because you love what you are doing does not mean you should do it for
cheep.

George