RE: VCR Alert:"Collapse: Failure by Design" on Discovery Channel

I'll tell what I am willing to do. I have written articles on my website for
those members of the public who are considering the purchase of, or wish to
had a home designed and constructed for them. In an effort to educate the
public, I have posted articles as to the differences of responsibility
between architects, Civil and Structural Engineers. I have also posted
articles to educate homebuilders as to the differences within the designer
category ranging from the ability to draw a few lines after taking a
drafting course to a graduate of architecture who has not taken or passed
all of the sections of the professional exam.

I would be happy to publish more articles written by engineers in language
which the public understands and which will help them understand the
differences in responsibility and capability to design structural systems. I
agree that this is an important issues, but until we act in a positive
manner to address the issues on our own, I think we are facing a vicious
circle.

Send your articles to me for posting or compose your own on the
Structuralist.Net Public Discussion Forum.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net