RE: Shear capacity of screws

	APA has a research publication called "Fastener 	Loads for
Plywood - Screws" which summarizes APA test data on screwed plywood joints.
You can contact your local APA rep or visit the APA web site and get the
publication for free.  Check out:
http://www.apawood.org/pdfs/managed/E830-C.pdf

	HTH
	Roland Bokma, Structural E.I.T.