RE: Moment Frames Constructed of Structural Tubing

We allow the use of "non-qualified" moment connections for buildings less
than 3 stories and 35 feet in height, if:

*	frames are designed as ordinary frames.
*	Connection is designed for the prescribed lateral force multiplied
by Omega.
*	all the quality control requirements for welding (removal of back-up
bars, Charpy V-notch toughness, nondestructive inspection, etc.) specified
in FEMA 350 are adhered to.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA