To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: a passing
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 01 12:09:45 -0500
>I heard today that Egor Popov died.
One of the few undergraduate textbooks I use constantly--Popov's
Mechanics of Materials copyright 1952 8th printing. Looks a little
timeworn (don't we all), plenty of obscure notes and commentary in the
margins, but I think it's a damn fine memorial.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org