RE: a passing

Professor Popov was one of my professors at UC Berkeley.  He was one of the
most approachable professors I have ever encountered and genuinely cared
about his students.  His passing is a loss to the profession. I think Chris'
comment about Popov's text being a "damned fine memorial" is true.  Popov
was an incredible person!

Regards,
Bill Cain, S.E.
Oakland  CA