RE: a passing

I can't think of any engineering student who was not exposed to one of two
historic authors - Popov and Timoshenko. I e-mailed Prof. Popov a couple of
months ago and never really did expect a reply. I heard that he was online
and I wrote to tell him how much he influenced my life as an engineer and
how excited I was to learn that I could actually let him know by e-mail. I
do hope he received the message as it is rare when we can compliment and pay
tribute to those who have had an influence on us.
My condolences to his family and all who were fortunate to know him
personally.

Dennis