RE: Volunteers - Public Advocacy

Bob:

I just went back and read the subject column by Richard Weingardt once
again.  It is an excellent article, just like all of his others.  His
central theme this time is:  "STOP THE WHINING".  There is not so much as
one word about structural engineering compensation!

Nice try, but you missed the mark!

Stan Caldwell
Grinning in Dallas

Dear  STAN;

As former Chairman of the Public Advocacy  of NCSEA

Present Chair  SEAOI  PR committee
Former member of ASCE's  Commitee on Public Involevement  (until ASCE in
it's
infinite wisdom terminated the committee  !!)

I have to sadly state the later is true

As Richard Weingardt just commented  in the April issue of STRUCTURAL
ENGINEER
 magazine-

Are we are own worst enemy??

Or put another way  -  When will STEP FORWARD AND BE HEARD  ??

Bob  Johnson

PS   NSPE  is trying it again    ----    yet another  attempt  to bring a
public awarness of the engineering profession.

 check the new website:      www.americanengineeringcampaign.org
also  check the following:   http://www.technotimes.org/010225A.htm