Does any one has any info on design of circular reinforced concrete tank?
As we know, the horizantal reinforcement is determined by hoop tension
reslted from radial pressure of water.
But What I'd like to verify is the force that determines the bending moment
and therefore vertical reinforcement in the wall.
I'd take the lateral pressure of the water-adjusted for seismic slush- and
use that to determine the max bending moment in the wall.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Susan Clinter, PE
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org