Concrete tank's vertical reinforcement

Does any one has any info on design of circular reinforced concrete tank?
As we know, the horizantal reinforcement is determined by hoop tension reslted from radial pressure of water. But What I'd like to verify is the force that determines the bending moment and therefore vertical reinforcement in the wall. I'd take the lateral pressure of the water-adjusted for seismic slush- and use that to determine the max bending moment in the wall.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Susan Clinter, PE