From: Susan Clinter [mailto:susan_clinter(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 2:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete tank's vertical reinforcement

Does any one has any info on design of circular reinforced concrete tank?
As we know, the horizantal reinforcement is determined by hoop tension
reslted from radial pressure of water.
But What I'd like to verify is the force that determines the bending moment
and therefore vertical reinforcement in the wall.
I'd take the lateral  pressure of the water-adjusted for seismic slush- and
use that to determine the max bending moment in the wall.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Susan Clinter, PE