RE: Concrete tank's vertical reinforcement

Refer to PCA's publication "Circular Concrete Tanks without prestressing"
for reinforcement design. For seismic, you can use TID Document 7024,
Chapter 6 (Atomic Energy Commission, 1963) but you may want to download the
draft ACI 350.3-01, "Seismic Design of Liquid-
Containing Concrete Structures" from the ACI website (http://aci-int.org/).
It's not official yet but will provide a methodology "similar" to the TID
document.