RE: Pay, was: "Collapse....

On a serious note, I would agree with the estimates.

Mark Jones

-George Richards, P.E. [mailto:george(--nospam--at)BORM.com] wrote:

Are Engineers underpaid?  Just because you love what you are doing does not
mean you should do it for cheep.  Hell because you love it you are probably
better at it and should be paid more!

Framing foremen (homes) with little or no formal education are getting
$50,000 to $60,000 a year here in Calif.  So what should an engineer get
paid?  Say PE w/ five years experience and a four or five degree.  $100,000
to $120,000 should be about fair.

What do you think guys ?