To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Pay, was: "Collapse....
From: "Jones, Mark A" <Mark.A.Jones(--nospam--at)jacobs.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:37:03 -0700
On a serious note, I would agree with the estimates.
-George Richards, P.E. [mailto:george(--nospam--at)BORM.com] wrote:
Are Engineers underpaid? Just because you love what you are doing does not
mean you should do it for cheep. Hell because you love it you are probably
better at it and should be paid more!
Framing foremen (homes) with little or no formal education are getting
$50,000 to $60,000 a year here in Calif. So what should an engineer get
paid? Say PE w/ five years experience and a four or five degree. $100,000
to $120,000 should be about fair.
What do you think guys ?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org