Being a limey, and not knowing who Prof. Egor Popov was, I e-mailed him
after being advised by AISC that he was definitely the man to talk to when
trying to outline a seismic testing programme with. I was looking to put
together something that I new virtually nothing about and needed to discuss
it with someone who did. Not only did he agree to a meeting at Berkeley on
my next trip to California but he introduced me to some of his colleagues.
He was a gentleman and spent a couple of hours with me where we discussed
the possibility of a testing programme being carried out at Berkeley, under
his direction, as well as his earlier life before he settled in the States.
Unfortunately nothing came of the testing programme but I still consider it
a privilege to have met him. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Technical Support Manager
(e mail: mknight(--nospam--at)lindapter.com)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org