To: "SEAINT (E-mail)" <SEAINT(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Aluminum Base Plate
From: Todd Hill <thill(--nospam--at)tkarch.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:36:35 -0500
I need to place an aluminum base plate (handrail) on top of an elevated
I'm using steel "thru" bolts to tie the base plate to the lightweight
concrete surface and connecting to a steel plate below.
1. Is corrosion a major concern for this type of connection?
2. Is there a washer/bushing type of material to create a barrier between
the steel bolt and the aluminum base plate?
Todd Hill, P.E.
TK Architects, Inc.
816-842-7552 ext. 233
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org