I'm about to start a new building model in Etabs. As many of you may know, there were some problems/bugs in the latest release of Etabs. We have the latest patch now but I am hesitant to use the new version just yet. I am pretty confident it is functioning properly for gravity analysis and design. Can anyone say they have had any trouble with the lateral design and the 97 UBC Built in code seismic loads? THe problem is If I start the model in Etabs 7, I can't convert it back to Etabs 6 if I discover problems. Of course, If it works, I would rather use the new version.
Gerard Madden, P.E.
Middlebrook + Louie, Structural Engineers
71 Stevenson Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org