Simpson doesn't have ICBO approval for their Strongwall system on upper floors, and consequently several local Building Department won't allow their use on anything other than a concrete foundation. In reading Hardy Frame's ER, it appears that they are accepted for upper story use. Is this a correct understanding? Does anyone know why this is so?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org