FW: Engineering compensation

A masters degree is a good investment.  People don't realize what you get
out of a few extra classes until you take them.  I got a job that paid for
night classes.  If someone want's to work but wants the degree they can
still get it.  If your job won't pay for it you can always get a student
loan.

I know I am not underpaid doing what I do but I know others in similar jobs
make more.  Go to http://www.ICBO.org and look at thier job listings for an
idea on what Plan Review Engineers are making.  I don't make what some
private guys make, but then again I am not going to miss my kid's first play
or football game working overtime for free.

There is a simple solution to having a higher salary and it is simply be
unwilling to work for less than you are worth.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division http://www.muni.org/building
Development Services Department