From: "Gerard Madden" <GMadden(--nospam--at)mplusl.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 4:38 PM
Subject: Etabs Version 7

I'm about to start a new building model in Etabs. As many of you may know,
there were some problems/bugs in the latest release of Etabs. We have the
latest patch now but I am hesitant to use the new version just yet. I am
pretty confident it is functioning properly for gravity analysis and design.
Can anyone say they have had any trouble with the lateral design and the 97
UBC Built in code seismic loads? THe problem is If I start the model in
Etabs 7, I can't convert it back to Etabs 6 if I discover problems. Of
course, If it works, I would rather use the new version.

Thanks,
-Gerard

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer

Middlebrook + Louie, Structural Engineers
71 Stevenson Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105
Tel: 415.546.4900
Fax: 415.974.3680