Re: OSHPD

server.  For those engineers not practicing in California, the design of all
acute care hospitals, in our state, falls under the jurisdiction of the
"Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development".  Affectionately known
to those engineers that design hospitals as "OSHPD".  Also an interesting
side bar.  OSHPD has not adopted the 1998 California Building Code, which is
basically the 1997 UBC with the state amendments.  OSHPD uses a "1998
California Building Code" with the letter "B" attached to all the paragraphs
that is based on the 1994 UBC with state amendments.

Greg Showerman, S.E.
Showerman & Stone, Inc.
Modesto, California