go to http://www.aiscweb.com and also to http://www.gostructural.com
The first is the American Institute of Steel Construction. You can access
their monthly magazine on the web, and sign up for a freebie.
The second is the publisher of "Structural Engineer" magazine, also
available on the web, and also "Free".
These are going to focus more on the "nuts and bolts" issues of design
engineering, but take it from me: That's stuff they're not (unfortunately)
going to teach you in school, and it will be invaluable in your career.
Check with ACI, NCSEA and other orgs. I believe they have "extra-cheap"
student member dues.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: Karma Yonten [mailto:kyonten(--nospam--at)seas.gwu.edu]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 3:37 PM
Subject: SE Journal
I'm looking for a good structural engineering journal/magazine to stay
informed with the things going on in this field, preferabably free (being a
student, the first thing you look for is free stuff) if not something
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org